Thursday, June 13, 2013

Go Ahead and Fail

I never knew I was this bad!  Because I never let myself fail, I haven't grown in all the ways an artist must.  This daily challenge has made me attempt things I NEVER would have allowed myself to do before because "painting" was this higher calling and had attending expectations that I, as a "professional" must achieve.  Nonsense!  Even today I was hearing an inner voice tell me that this stuff is beneath me.  Yea, right.  I can't paint a plate to save my life.  But, if the subject is worthy and if I give it a bit of my loving care, it might turn out alright, even if it's not great or even "good." So, for all that it's worth, here is a little drawing that took me a couple of hours.  I am not feeling too well or I might spend more time on it but that isn't the point, is it?

2 comments:

  1. If you created this within a few hours, then I must say that its excellent :-)

    ReplyDelete