Monday, June 17, 2013

Speak to ME!

Tim said, "Funny how the things you expect to turn out great, don't.  And the things you really dread turn out okay."  This was one of those times. We had a call from the hospital to pick up a former neighbor who was being discharged from the psych ward and drive him home.  Our biggest fear, that he had slipped back into his sad and reclusive ways, did not materialize. It turned into as a blessing to see how he is living and that, honestly, he's doing alright.

 A couple of times during the drawing of this pretty young woman I thought I saw her move!  I felt like Michelangelo who spoke to his marble and demanded that it speak to him!  Unfortunately, I did what I usually do: pushed the drawing too far, too specific for the painterly effect I wanted (but not nearly refined enough to be a finished piece of drawing) and lost the tenderness and immediacy that I was going for. But at least I finished something.  Have a nice day!



No comments:

Post a Comment